Trading History and Experience
We manufacture our wrought iron gates, wrought iron railings and wrought iron handrails in our own factory in the West Midlands. Our trading style is Brettell Brothers Ltd trading as Gates Railings Direct. Our trading history dates back to 1946.
Third generation owners and brothers Anthony and Paul Brettell began designing and making wrought iron gates, railings and handrails for local residential customers around twenty five years ago. Soon after, housing developers and professional tradespeople requested Juliette Balconies (as well as wrought iron style gates and railings) so these were added to our product range. Rapidly increasing demand for our wrought iron style products prompted us to launch our mail order website. We now sell around the UK and beyond.
Reasons to Choose Us
- Extremely fast quotes – we normally send our quotations within two working days – no waiting for weeks on end wondering whether anyone will get back to you
- You provide the dimensions, choose your style and finish and we will send you an itemised quotation so you can see exactly how the total cost is made up
- Our product quality and customer service standards are outstanding, see our testimonials
- No hidden charges – all quotations and website prices include VAT
- We make all wrought iron style gates, wrought iron style railings and wrought iron style handrails to your exact measurements, no need to buy a standard size and cut it down
- We offer bespoke sizes for your project at no extra cost than for standard sizes
- Our wrought iron style products are specially designed so they are really easy to fit for any DIY enthusiast
- We can advise you on design, measuring, fitting and layout – please call and ask for Anthony
- Our hot dip galvanizing and powder coating are both compliant with British Standards – see our Specifications page for full details
- The thickness of our powder coating exceeds the industry standard – see individual product descriptions
- The sizes we display on our website are there to give you an indication of our costing structure
- All products are made with care and attention to detail, we are a small family business with an excellent reputation which we need to preserve
- Though we are a small business we are able to fulfil large orders, we are the supplier of choice to a growing number of tradespeople and developers
- We provide a truly personal service
- We guarantee the authenticity of all the photographs shown on our website, we only use photos of our own products
More About Our Technical Advice Service
Unlike many of our competitors our directors offer a full technical advice service for customers including how to measure for, order and fit their ironworks. Both Paul and Anthony have many years hands on experience measuring up for, manufacturing and installing wrought iron gates and railings. Examples of those we have helped include customers with unconventional site layouts, requirements for specially curved, angled and cutout railings to fit around trees and ironworks to fit uneven walls and openings.
© 2013 Brettell Brothers Ltd (Est. 1946) T/A Gates Railings Direct